Acknowledgement of Code of Conduct
2021 National Jamboree Policy
- I promise to obey the Scout oath and law
- I will be Scout-like in how we act and treat others
- I will set a good example by keeping myself neatly dressed and presentable. I will attend all scheduled programs and participate as required in cooperation with other unit members and leaders.
- In consideration of other unit participants, I agree to follow the bedtime and sleep schedule of the unit.
- I will be responsible for keeping my tent and personal gear clean and neat and labeling all personal gear.
- I will adhere to all recycling policies and regulations. I will not litter.
- I understand that the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is prohibited at The Summit.
- I understand that serious and/or repetitive behavior violations, including cheating, stealing, dishonesty, fighting, and cursing, may result in expulsion from The Summit or serious disciplinary action and loss of privileges.
- I understand that gambling of any form is prohibited.
- I understand that possession of lasers of any type and possession or detonation of fireworks is prohibited.
- I will demonstrate respect for The Summit and unit property and be personally responsible for any loss, breakage, or vandalism of property as a result of my actions.
- Neither the unit leaders nor the Boy Scouts of America will be responsible for loss, breakage, or theft of personal items. I will label all my personal items and check items of value at the direction of unit leaders. Theft will be grounds for expulsion.
- I will obey the safety rules and instructions of all supervisors and staff members.
- I understand that hazing has no place in Scouting; nor do running the gauntlet, belt lines, and similar acts of physical punishment.
- I understand that participants may only bring items specified on the equipment list provided.
- I understand that I can be sent home for bullying, horseplay, fighting, stealing, off-color jokes, remarks or conduct, harassment of any kind-sexual, religious, race, cultural, national origin, disability, etc., being a “peeping tom”, being in an off-limits area and/or repeated failure to follow instructions.
- Violation of this Code of Conduct, or any other conduct deemed to be inconsistent with the values of Scouting, may result in expulsion from The Summit at the participant’s own expense and could result in revocation of BSA membership.
- NSJ21 JST Uniform Statement