Council Contingent Fees and Refunds
Background: The National Jamboree is coordinated through the National Council. Council Contingents are administered by local councils. Each council designates a Jamboree coordinator through which communications with Jamboree Administration are conducted. A key component of the Jamboree coordination between Jamboree Administration and local councils revolves around the payment of council contingent fees.
Individual fees for Council Contingent members as well as deposit requirements and fee payment schedules are set by local councils. Fees include:
- The national fee set by Jamboree Administration: The national fee covers the expense of program materials, food, insurance, and equipment, as well as the use of a tent, cot, dining shelters, stoves, fuel, and cooking utensils.
- Local council fees transportation, touring, and incidentals.
All questions/concerns regarding the fees of an individual member of a council contingent should be addressed to the local council Jamboree Coordinator.
Registration of a council’s contingent begins with the submission of a council commitment to Jamboree Administration. During the initial portion of the commitment period, councils may modify their participation number. Councils finalize their commitment prior to the final payment. This policy outlines that process for the 2021 National Jamboree.
Policy: The following fee and refund policies apply for the 2021 National Jamboree:
Individual participant Jamboree fees have been established for the 2021 National Jamboree to be held at The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve as follows:
- Youth and Unit leader participants—$1,175
Councils will submit their initial council contingent commitments to Jamboree Administration at the national office by August 16, 2019. Changes can be made to the commitment until December 1, 2020.
Council Commitment payment schedule:
- A payment of $175 per participant (youth or leader) is due to the National Council on or before January 31, 2020.
- A second payment of $500 per participant (youth or leader) is due to the National Council on or before July 31, 2020.
- A final payment of $500 per participant (youth or leader) is due to the National Council on or before January 31, 2021.
Local councils set specific cancellation and refund policies. Requests for refunds from individual members of a council contingent are the responsibility of the local council.
Requests for refunds resulting from a change in the overall size of a council contingent will be evaluated by Jamboree Administration on a case by case basis.